Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jackson is Here!

Saturday, July 24th, I woke up at 6:30 am and took my blood pressure at home before getting out of bed... It was really high... We took it again about 30 minutes later and it was still really high. So, we called my midwife and she said to come on in to the hospital to be monitored. If it went down they would send me home... If not, they'd deliver the baby since he was 37 weeks (that day!).

After arranging for Michael's parents to come stay with Rachel, we headed on to the hospital - arriving at about 10:30. They got me all hooked up to the monitors and checked everything. Of course, my blood pressure there was completely normal at the time... throughout the day it varied though. But something else was happening... I was having contractions! They put in an IV in hopes of stopping the contractions b/c they couldn't send me home having them (they were 2-3 minutes apart - not too painful, but nonetheless they were contractions). We waited and waited and waited - I was getting very uncomfortable as I couldn't do anything but lay there and I couldn't eat or drink anything.

We were pretty sure they were going to send us home that afternoon and we'd do it another day, but that didn't turn out to be the case. At 4:15 the doctor came in and said that since the contractions wouldn't stop, they would go ahead and do my c-section that evening - that I was a ticking time bomb and it would happen any day anyways. So, I had my c-section at 5:30 and Jackson Dawson Nixon was born at 6:02 pm. He is a very happy and healthy baby.

My epidural was much stronger than last time and the delivery was a bit different than my last experience... But I'm making it. Just trying to be comfortable up walking around...

Almost time for surgery.

Jackson coming out.

Just born.


The three of us.

8 lbs. 6 oz (at 37 weeks)...21 inches long.


Now he feels better!


Rachel meeting her brother for the first time.


First family picture.


Rachel and mommy.


Some skin to skin contact with mom and baby.


Cutie-patootie!


Our sweet new baby boy.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Emily! I know you are so happy that Jackson is here and healthy! Boys are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete